Thursday 12 July 2012



 A thing of beauty is a Joy Forever!
  

A warm welcome to all from (a change from the rain) a sunny day! I was busy clearing out a box long forgotten and came upon these treasures made by my late mum, Johanna Maria. She passed on 13 years ago and left these treasures behind for me (which I have to finish off)  This reminded me of the saying:‘ A thing of beauty is a Joy Forever’. She used to battle the demons of depression, but her art always won with her handy work displayed in her crafting, weaving and pottery. She threw herself 100% into her creations. Sometimes mealtimes were forgotten, but we always had something ‘new’ to look to – a beauty creation. These crafts were handed down to our 5 children (blog to follow-up with sibling crafts!)
I hope once these are finished off, they will be passed down to my children and then to their children until the material fades and the cotton frays, but will always be treasured as a Joy Forever, with a smile of warm memories…. Enjoy.
P.S. Should you wish to use the patterns, feel free, just look up at the sky and ask her permission first and let the beauty be carried on through generations to come.
I’m off crafting now, the housework / garden / shopping etc etc etc can wait. Tomorrow is another day.











A jewelry box she made out of card box /covered and then embroidered on

0 comments:

Post a Comment