Tuesday 10 July 2012

‘a stitch for a drop’



Good Morning World Wide Web! Another wet and rainy gloomy day here in the UK, BUT as brave soldiers we will march on and let the craft making lift our spirits and be positive!

Trust all had a very relaxed weekend and could get on with whatever it was you were getting on with. Here, all Sports etc was cancelled due to the rain, but we had fun sewing and creating and just plain ‘chill’ out - so chilled out that the heating had to be switched on! Then Kelvin inform me he had 40 deg weather in Qatar-Hmmm that is a bit too extreme….

I have now embraced a new motto ‘a stitch for a drop’ and that should let me go on forever! Could not wait for the postman to come as I have now ordered a little ‘arm /sleeve thing’ sewing board which can be used to iron round the small parts in the sewing without me burning my fingers all the time. That came yesterday and may I add, in the pouring rain – will try it out today.

This is not a new photo, but for me a warm and happy one with the puppets I  knitted for the grand children. So easy and quick to make. Will have to start all over again with the new baby. All in all over 50 were made for school fetes and charity projects and they seem to put a smiley face on a child. Will try and squeeze a few makes in between crocheting the blankets. Watch this space!

Knitted Puppets I made  (in between everything)


Another African themed little heart creation, with little Miss Rhino. I now have a lot of animals who will make their way into the ‘hearts’.

Little African Rhino


As I sit and sew I listen to music and that really makes the time  go by in a happy pleasant way. What did the people do in the days gone by without electricity, everything on hand? I looked up a few crafts and saw candle dipping, then my eye caught the dyeing and weaving and I am transported to not so long ago when my mum used to card her own wool/dye it and then wove it. She loved it and I still have some woven runners she made for me (Angora which will last for generations)

Now I am getting nostalgic as think of my own two children who grew up amidst the pottery / weaving / sewing and sadly think that a lot of children now do not have that opportunity and think everything ‘comes from a shop – made in China-.
Playing with the camera whilst filling bobbins!

Bag in the making today

Finished at last!-

INSPIRATION FROM AFRICA

Some Hearts in the making


It is at times like this that I pick up the needles  and rush to the sewing machine to keep the creativity flow – not from a computer, but from my mind and hands – and I thank the Creator that I am able to do just that!



Happy sewing, creating till next time. Luvvies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment