Monday 16 July 2012

Inspirations – reasons for celebrations


Inspirations 
reasons for celebrations (with a smile)

Again a warm welcome to another RAINY, yes rainy gloomy day here, but that will not dampen my enthusiasm by lots of lovely things that inspire me and lift my spirit and soul!

My grand daughter can be very adventurous and ‘designed’ this old rack sack to suit her needs on our trip to Holland. She wanted something ‘special’ and unique to her so here goes… we found this old rucksack at the local charity shop for £2, a pair of ‘bobby socks’ from Poundland and she made use of some felt to create a ‘front feature’. It was many a talking point on our journey through Holland (best of all -hands off to her brother who could not them mistake it as his, whilst always looking for something to eat…)
Adile-Jades' revamped ruck sack

Cheery and Bright Front

On a dreary day, what could be more inspiring than the vibrant colours of this quilt on one of my beds made by sister (Clarissa Rudd from Jeffreysbay za) hand stitched for me? Every time I look at it I see something new and inspiring or recognise a piece of fabric from years ago. It was all hand stitched with love and this is what crafts are all about.(More to follow at a later stage)
Quilt made by my sister-Proudly on my bed!

So many vibrant senses

The windmills of my mind

Tranquillity in greens

This idea I saw whilst on a visit to South Africa and I ‘adopted’ the idea. Bought a sieve from, yes, again Poundland, broke off the long handle and – hey Presto a new holder for my hanging earrings are born!
Earring holder - cheap and cheery

This lovely scarf with the crotchet edge let me reach for my crotchet needle ( I must admit my crotchet crafts only stretch to a chain / double and treble crotchet stitch with which I crotchet my  flowers, not at all a  difficult fine pattern like this- the beauty of it all is they sit and crotchet this whilst talking to you- without a single stitch mistake -How do they do it? I am sure this will make a lovely TV program. How do they do it?
Lovely handy work - so neat and precise!

And last but not least, I am inspired all the time by the lovely flowers in my garden and when I dig away in the mud and soil, my brain form patterns of things to come- I draw pure inspiration from it all
Flower brooch from my needle...

Sunflower from our garden...

Last but not least- I am truly blessed and inspired by the emails I receive and hope I inspire any one out there to be creative and inspired by all of this!

Till the next time
Inspired me
Luvvies
X
P.S. I am not inspired by my fingers who keep on pressing the wrong buttons on the computer…still learning…

0 comments:

Post a Comment