Thursday 19 July 2012

Almost weekend…



Lovely people out there!

There is an old Turkish proverb that goes like this

Even a stopped clock  is right twice a day’’.

That is how I felt today. Like a stopped clock. Not having had  a good sleep last night my head stood still and my mind did not go tick tok as usual.

Referring to the proverb I knew that at least twice today something must go right. Time stood still as I rushed into the garden with zest early morning to cut back all the foliage and bushes that must have grown overnight. (and to beat another down pour) That was when things started to go wrong…I touched a big slimy slug and nearly passed out…I shivered and shook down my spine. How I so do not like to touch them. Needless to say, I am still here to tell the tale.

Something did go right though. I managed to purchase some lovely bits and bobs from the local charity shop, had lovely a chat with the ladies there (instead of chatting to my gnomes in the garden)
Half used balls of crotchet thread / zips...from the charity shop



Lovely piece of material from the charity shop to turn into a bag?


Another thing that did go right was the perfect cuppa (remember I am British and can make a mean cup of tea) before taking some photos of my finds and work in progress. What a joy to be able to make use of digital technology (I am still a babe learning how to enjoy the joy)
Flowers all  done and dusted - now to be finished off.





Now to sew these up one by one whilst watching my TV programs as not to loose touch with the lives of the fictional characters. Oh how attach can we get to them once we are hooked…

Tomorrow is Friday and we are all looking forward to some relaxation.The school children to a long ‘Summer’ holiday.

A very Blessed Ramadan too, to all  Muslim friends out there. May we all be Blessed with Peace and Love in our hearts for one another.

Happy crafting!
With courtesy - whoever wrote this.


Luvvies till next time

1 comment:

  1. I do not like slugs, with all the rain we have been having - they are out in full force..... on a brighter note the flowers are looking lovely x

    ReplyDelete