Thursday 26 July 2012

Old Hat to me…


'Old Hat' to me…or shall I say 'Old Beanie' to me?

Cat in the hat, Easter Hat and so it goes on and on and on.

Old Hat – Interesting  where it comes from :-You would say "old hat" when referring to an activity that you know really well. The term comes from the fact that many occupations wear different hats (or used to). Contractors, nurses, policemen, firemen, etc.

If something is "old hat" to you, you know it really well
.(off the internet)

Which hat suits me personally? . Everyday it will be another one. (sometimes I feel I deserve the Dunce Hat when it comes to working on the computer, but that is another story for my tik tok brain)  Cook’s chef hat. Gardener’s sun-flop hat, Posh wedding hat, Paris beret, Beach Hat, Safari Hat -

 I will one day be remembered as the lady of many hats.

 Each one will be ‘old hat’ to me as I have tried  them all for so long –all on different occasions. Maybe that is where my love-affair (if you can call it that,  in the craft world) with hats come from. Dare to be different-try it all-keep the best.

 I have knitted many a beanie in my life time and here are some to share with you. The patterns are all in my head, as I create as I knit. I just love it if someone is happy to receive one of my creations. Knitting them is ‘Old hat’ to me! Or shall I say, 'Old Beanie'  to me!

Here I go for GREAT BRITAIN COLOURS with pride - to celebrate the forthcoming sports that is starting tomorrow all over England with the little circles. I shout for Red, Blue and White! Go Britain! All the very Best. Also best to all the countries that are here to participate.
Blue is cool

Warm red to keep the cold at bay

Inside out pattern

Stretchy White Blue and Red

Blocks of cool Blue

White as Pure as Snow



A few beanies that I knitted for an orphanage in Turkey whilst my husband was working contract there a few years ago. Bright colours to bring some sunshine and happiness into their lives.

Choose which hat you want to wear in life and wear it with pride!

 Happy knitting/crafting tonight.

Luvvies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment