Friday 27 July 2012

Silence...for the weekend?



It is in the silence of the night and early hours of morning that  my brain goes tik tok – so loud I can hear it above my thoughts. The sound goes on and on and round and round and create pictures and images to be stored for later usage.

The colours are so real and the images almost there to touch – Am I crazy woman? I reach for my little book and jot these pictures /ideas  down for later usage when my body and soul  and mind is drained from everyday toil and those thoughts  will be no more.

 Written down,  they give me something to work with when natural inspiration wails or fails or I feel like the poet when he wrote:- ‘how my heart aches a drowsy numbness pain, my senses though of hemlock I had drunk or emptied some opiate in the veins’’ something like this.... that I can remember from long ago.

 Side by side like little brothers and sisters
 cuddling on a cold night when there is no heat around.
 

This is one of the ideas that was born one early morning when the moon was sinking and the sun was rising. All the little pieces of African Fabric brought together. Side by side like little brothers and sisters cuddling on a cold night when there is no heat around. This will be used on the side of a bag I am now busy sewing. Hopefully the person whoever gets it one day will look close and see what I saw when I made it.

When a person’s thoughts are not interrupted by everyday noise or the sounds of a background radio or television one’s senses come alive and creative.

 I love photography and  have taken photos  dating back to 1968 when I received my first little Kodak camera one Christmas. Everyone had to pose (correctly) as there was only one chance for one shot a time and then the anticipation to hand the film in at the chemist and wait a whole week to see what came out and what did not.

Somehow art is like that – you make – you wait – result. I just   love to share images and ideas of lovely things.

Mellow Yellow African mohair with detail - pottery button/ button /beads


 Let me retreat into my world of silence and start getting creative for the week-end ahead. Happy creative thoughts to all in their daily life.
luvvies

0 comments:

Post a Comment