Monday 30 July 2012

They call me Yellow-Mellow..


They call me Yellow-Mellow. 

This used to be one of my favourite songs by Donovon when I was young many (many)moons ago.

 Not to get too technical about the lyrics I will cling to what I remember and love about the song. Hey, I am the guy who can calm you down, hey I am the guy who is being cool and laid-back. In my case the gal.

 I never went into the deep deep meaning as I enjoy life too much to get too involved in such matters and only enjoy things for the way I see it –simple and straight and happy.

Yellow is a calm friendly, warm colour and can be used for boys or girls which makes it very acceptable. Hmm that reminds me of the yellow sunflowers grown in our garden. They  bloomed and were big and bright  lovely Yellow and were enjoyed by all whilst they lasted. (We had a few purple ones as well, but the yellow stood out!)

Sunflowers grown in our garden -
 a colour of inspiration!


Yellow creations always look fresh and soft and the need to be touched. All colours are enjoyable to work with. It is more difficult with yellow and soft colours as your hands need to be really crisp and clean. (I do not use light colours knitting whilst travelling).

Here are two of  my favourite Yellow Mellow Colours.
Soft Yellow Wool  -beanie for a little child


A Yellow brooch flower I made
 (inspired by the sunflowers)



Have a Happy Yellow Mellow day today (not Blue as it is Monday!)
Luvvies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment