Tuesday 17 July 2012

And forward we shall sew...


And forward we shall sew…

After days and days of rain I was woken this morning by some bright sun, which inspired me to go out in the garden for a bit and toil in the soil.  Everything looked cleansed and some flowers were weighed down with all the little diamonds of raindrops still on them.

It was then I noticed the life of most of our poppies have come to an end. It looked bare and sad – no more bright red and purple and mauve to greet me. It made me realise that we all have something in our lives that must come to an end. Sometimes not chosen by us, but by fate, choices and circumstances.
This is the face of the poppies that are no more… (See *About me for a picture of the brightness that they brought into our lives.
I was once lovely and full of colour

and so were we.......

No, I do not feel sad about it, although they  look sad, bedraggled and wilted, because I know inside each of them  there are 1000 of seeds that promise new life in a new future season. A hidden promise of  more spectacular colours and splendour to come our way.

 All this made me finish off in the garden , have my cuppa (I’m British now) and reached for my sewing machine to finish off the bag I was busy with. The fabric is neutral and calming for my soul and makes me think of the soil.

Finishing off bag I was busy with
My new cute little iron board - no more burnt fingers!




This bag was created by a remnant of fabric, advertised as ‘suitable for blind / cushion/or upholstery’. But it developed into something totally different than the seller suggested.  Our lives are like that – people can suggest but  we can follow our own paths that we choose.

I was so inspired by this thought of going forward  (a promise of  something new and fresh to come out of the dark dead flower heads - that I made a little heart and kept the original little satin ribbon which kept the material together when purchased.
Pretty / calm and made with love as the little button at the bottom  say


Another creation came to life in the form of a needle book – no frills and ideal for the bachelor out there who will only acquire a needle and pin. Some of us like things soft and satin – others just plain – again choices we make –that, which makes us human and vulnerable.


Needle / pins booklet


Herewith the 3 finished items sewed with love today, because I know 
''behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining.''



So all - Onward sewing and crafting with zest  and love!
Luvvies
x
P.S.Time is still incorrect at the top - it is now 16H08 UK time - working on it......to find how to sort it...........Soon I will know how to work this PC by myself! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment