Monday 23 July 2012

Monday Blues!


Monday Blues!
On Friday I ended…hope you will not have a blue Monday, but then  I thought about it over the weekend and as Blue is one of my favourite colours (and there are many many favourites), I decided to share some of my Blue treasures with you on this lovely Bright Blue skies  Monday.

Another picture that springs to mind is my hubbies clear blue eyes…I have so many favourite things in Blue that I cannot ‘not’ make this Monday a Happy Blue  one!

Here is another hand stitched quilt my sister Clarissa Rudd from Jeffreysbay stitched for me. The colours are so cool and I really love it to bits and it is a craft close to my heart. (I sleep under it)
Blue double bed quilt - made by Clarissa Rudd

All hand stitched

Each piece of fabric tells a story

Fabrics from far and near, stitched with love

My favourite collection

Blue blue my world is blue!


Two of many ‘hoodies’ I knitted. Here my grandchild is sitting like Little Boy Blue. The wool was bought in Turkey . Should anyone want the pattern, feel free to ask and I will send it on. So easy to knit and quick. It came out of an old Woman’s Weekly magazine from many moons ago. I liked and tried it with great success and it is so easy peasy. It must be easy as I am no knitting wizard.
Little Boy Blue

Pastel blue and earth colours

Here are a few Blue flowers I am busy working on with beadwork/embroidery etc
3 pretty flowers on the quilt

The bead work takes me ages, but it is fun!

Then my favourites…blue tiles from Turkey. They inspire me everyday, just to look at them and I trust you feel the same. Beauty beyond compare with the simplicity and colour.

Have a lovely week ahead and enjoy the lovely Summer here in the UK and the cold somewhere else!
Happy Crafting to keep the Blues away!
Luvvies, till next time
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment