Friday 6 July 2012

Another Rainy- but productive day


Oops and then I looked and the weekend is upon us. Not that I had plans of going to sit in the sun with a G&T or relax in a deck-chair…..as I watched and listened…and was promised buckets and buckets of RAIN! So I will carry on sewing in my little corner, dreaming of days filled with sunshine and warm sands in far away countries, far far away from this little island we are on.

Our builders were suppose to ‘finish’ off today, but poor lads, they got drenched and looked pitiful with the water just running off them and had to go to somewhere where it was dry and warm. They are becoming part of our household at the moment as they have been here so long. Blame it all on the rain.

On the other hand Kelvin is ‘’still being cooked alive in Qatar’’ and experiencing the opposite to us here in the UK. Which is better? The sand storms and the heat or the cold and the rain? Oh well.

I try best to be optimistic as I can be, but my sewing machine needle broke, I then replaced it and then felt a bit hungry.

Moving into the kitchen I found there was no bread –only one mouldy slice but I spotted  the tin with the builders biscuits so I helped myself to one, two, three and I think I shall stop there.  Wanted to make an omelette  with cheese,  but  the cheese had mould on it as well so that thought went out the back door. Scared I might turn into a walking penicillin stick-so the cheese and slice of bread went to the bin. Found some hard boiled eggs I forgot about and ate that. That should give me go!

 So more sewing for me. I WILL finish the bag I am working off this morning, Oh dear it is now 13H13! Why let me look at the clock when it is 13H13. Is it an omen?

African Scenes on shoulder strap

Front of bag

Soft bandanna heart covered with voile



Well, let me not be superstitious and get doing what needs done! Have a great day and weekend and may sunshine and laughter surround you this weekend. Luvvies

0 comments:

Post a Comment