Friday 20 July 2012

Something old....


Something old...
Something new....
Something borrowed....
Something blue....

Folks, time to put on a happy face as weekend is here and it is (for most of us) a time to relax and enjoy our precious days  to do whatever we choose to do.In my case, knitting and talking!

Hmm something old?
Something that jumps out at me is me old faithful Teddy. He has travelled the world with me and had been in my possession since 1955. Oops, I have given my birth year away now. Kindly I will not try and hide the fact that I am also thus classified in the category in my mind as ‘something old’. 

The mind / tik tok brain does not feel old. Inside me there is a young vibrant full of life girl ready to take on the world. Then reality strikes and I struggle to get up from the chair where I have been sitting for too long. Never mind the old fingers that sometimes have to take a rest when they have been used to the limits – digging in soil – holding a knitting / crotchet needle for too long. Not forgetting  the aching shoulders when slaving away over the sewing machine.

Amen! I think I will stop there before a new medical blog  sees the light of my ailments on being old!
Vintage Teddy from (Whisper only) 1955

Old Teddy needs a make-over, but I love him so....as he is!

Something new
I must now learn how to twitter and tweet like a Robin,  who has lots to twitter and tweet about. I must learn about Facebook - how to comment and share and Linked how to connect with the posh and emails …and the Internet -it all does my head in. Where are the old days when my computer did not even had a hard drive? 

I was much less stressed,  because I knew (not really-I make this part up as it makes it sound so dramatic ) that if I press the wrong button something  would not be published all over the world in a matter of seconds....

Or new pair of bootees I finished last night that just needs little ribbons then to be used by a New baby.
New Pink bootees - 



Something borrowed
Looking around our little house (and there is not much to look around at – 2 up and 2 down) I cannot think of anything that has been borrowed from someone. Too  much Independence does not allow ‘borrowing’. Brought up on the faith of : if you do not have, you go without.

1001 ideas/ pictures in my tik tok brain can be classified as ‘borrowed’.My  eyes that drink in every lovely creation I set eyes on and from that usually springs forth another idea or creation, so all in all- some ideas in my life has been borrowed from all over the world. Time is borrowed from the tik tok clock.

We are all on borrowed time 


Something blue
It must be the clear blue skies left behind in our travels and none as lovely as the African blue skies. As a child,  teddy and I were  brought up by the lyrics ‘’ From the blue of our heaven.’’ The author of these lovely words must have had deep compassion to borrow blue from the sky.

Or the Izmir blue. I am totally fascinated by it and then there follows the vibrant Indian blues and not to forget our local UK potteries with lovely soft blue colours…One can go on and on about the beauty of blue.

Blue Turkish tiles from my selection


On this colourful blue-ish note I will end and do hope nobody will experience  a Blue Monday next week! Till next time.

Luvvies.

1 comment: