Sunday 26 August 2012

Home is where the heart is


Home is where the heart is

The saying goes : An Englishman’s home is his castle. As my house is not a castle, my home can be anywhere where my heart is. How easy it is to get too attached to the brick and mortar and just live for that. I have read about houses that burn down and then the owners commit suicide, as it was all they ‘lived’ for. I personally find that very sad and lonely. And I quote:

Happiness resides not in processions and not in gold;
 the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul : 
DEMOCRITUS



And that is where one’s home should be. Inside  bubbles of happiness inside the soul.. My heart is so at home when I sit and knit somewhere under a beautiful tree or out in a garden full of nature’s wonders. As my home is in my heart it is always with my family /friends, and that can be anywhere in the world.
How easy it is to get too attached to the brick and mortar  

Each stitch stitched with so much patience and love  and detail

Home under the bright stars when you gaze up and identify the stars with a loved one, home walking next to the beach and leaving footprints in the sand and the foam playing round one’s ankles.

Here is a lovely cross stitch my sister Clarissa Rudd from Jeffreysbay made for our family way back in 1988. It goes with us wherever we move and could be at home anywhere in the world.
Love is the heart of the home



Let your home be in your heart – 
in anything you do and make and happiness will be there too!



Happy crafting this coming week, whatever craft you are doing and let it be inside your heart! On this lovely note I have one more quote:

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, 
but a manner of travelling : 
Margaret Lee Runbeck

Happy travelling to the home of your heart
Luvvies

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely sampler - and you're right, home can be anywhere.

    ReplyDelete