Tuesday 21 August 2012

A ‘’few’’stolen moments


A ‘’few’’stolen (sun) moments in the garden.

Oh what wonderful weather we have had the last few days! Sunshine and no wind, which made it ‘perfect’ weather (I will keep quiet about the in between rain showers).We are in the UK after all and that on a little island as well.

(I will keep quiet about the in between rain showers). 
  Not many crafts saw any daylight as the last few days were spent running around (hubbie left for Qatar on Thursday,) then reality set in – I now have the time/ house to myself again, then more reality set in when the grand children arrived with bags for stay over and time was spent in the glorious outdoors……

As I have the holiday feeling when it is hot, I act accordingly, lots of Barbeque's / late breakfast outside in the garden, one would think that I am a woman of leisure, but let me quickly correct that…in between I have been doing my cleaning jobs, and whilst I polish up a house my eyes feast on the sun outside shining through the windows - whilst I am sweating it out inside and that is when the garden calls when I get home – so not much  sewing or knitting, just drinking in the blue skies and fresh air.

Oh what a glorious life this is…sitting outside dreaming of things to make and create! I did however managed to sew up a bit more of my African themed appliques on bags.

more of my African themed appliques

How I love to cut them out

Although some look the same-
they are differently stitched on each bag

And another one gets gets done,
like a sausage machine

How I love to cut them out, applique them, they are so special for this African girl at heart. My creations have no limits – I design as I go along.

I was inspired today by a lovely visit to our local museum which had a lovely 'extra 'exhibition on shoes. ''The Shoe Collection at Northampton Museums is the largest collection of shoe heritage in the world and is designated as being of national and international importance.''  (this copied off the Internet) If you ever pass here in your journeys, it is a worthwhile visit. You will be inspired by all the colours /shapes / sizes from long ago to present. That is a real craft - shoe-making.

Many times in our lives we feel like doing something else whilst we in fact should be doing something else. (Hmm that sounds strange but that is how my tic tok brain is thinking at the moment) It is important to balance the tightrope walk of life in everything we do.

Happy crafting and careful on that tightrope!

Luvvies

0 comments:

Post a Comment