Monday 6 August 2012

'Comings' and 'Goings'


Friday afternoon…Sitting at the train station

I was waiting at our local train station to collect hubbie. There were so many people milling around , full of excitement to catch the train to London. By their dress code I could see most of them were on their way to the Olympics in London..

Flags were waving, Union Jack colours were reflected on T-shirts/skirts dresses….bags.. 

They were ‘’going’’, I was waiting  for someone to ‘’ be coming.’’

Craft trends come and go just like that. They depart from one part of the globe and then make its way round and take the same route again after a decade or two. Nowadays it is just so much faster with the internet.

One thing about Crafts – Old and New, the creativity has no boundries and many times something totally new comes out of the old, though the same concept.

My tik tok brain has not enough storage for all I want to do. Only 24 hours in a day - I have to remind myself…so make optimum use of it before the this decade is gone. There are so many things I used to do when I was young many many moons ago. Things that made me happy then are again making me happy now.

Coming and Going

Like Marion Kaplinaky writes in ‘’1001 Things to make you smile’’

‘’At both ends of the rainbow there’s a wonderful world’’


1968
Me and my tie/dyed T-shirt in . Sadly….pattern was on the back…(peace sign ).but the 'granny' style T-shirt is evidence!    It was a pale mauve if my memory serves me right. My proud and joy, made with so much love way back then.
Those were the care-free 'granny T-Shirt'
 days


2012
My grand daughter’s tie/dyed T-shirt. Made from a black T-shirt, using bleach. Nothing has changed from 1968 to 2012. Same crafts Coming and Going
Circles of the Minds

Close -up shots from the details she designed


And here, more of my craft photography. Flowers all in my little garden, where there is a  wonderful world in each flower bed.


.
...where there is a  wonderful world in each flower bed.


Luvvies and happy crafting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment