Thursday 8 November 2012

My autumn years are approaching…


My autumn years are approaching…

What makes us do what we do?

I was raking leaves in the garden. A task I really enjoy as it takes me out of the warm cosy house with a purpose; also to get some fresh air and to admire the fantastic colours of the leaves that are slowly falling from the trees. This is a task I perform every morning.

As I mentioned before, I love all colours, but today these browns/maroon/yellow patterns were again just so amazing…reminded me that I am entering my personal autumn years.

 By being devoted raking these leaves each morning, no matter what the weather, I feel liberated and feel some self-respect for myself for being so devoted.

1.      The decking stays clean
2.       The grass gets the full sun it needs
3.       I get some exercise and fresh air
4.      It keeps the yard ‘tidy’– see there, 4 birds with one stone.

It may sound a bit egotistic feeling good about one self every now and then. More than often we have a low opinion and even lower expectation of ourselves, because we know ourselves so well and just a few words from someone can break us down-make us feel like we are worth nothing. Sometimes theses words, deeds, that were spoken/done against us, still sit in the back of our minds and make us feel useless and unloved.

Today with the raking of the leaves and breathing in the lovely cold crisp  air, I made up my mind- my little tic toc brain – I am strong I will survive – like the old saying goes :- sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never ever hurt me again! So on that note I will soldier on with those who love/accept me unconditionally and wave good-bye to those who do not. A new era in my autumn years has arrived!

Attached are some love hearts and sewing books I made yesterday. All inspired by the new me and the browns of the leaves.
Busy making 'Love Hearts' with love

African Print love hearts
 all ready to be loved by someone special

Little sewing books
being 'filled' with needles and thread
Four little sewing books all ready and done!
With that liberated attitude - 
Happy Crafting whatever you make
 and may it be a success you can be proud of!

Luvvies


0 comments:

Post a Comment