Sunday 18 November 2012

Music…Craft


Music…Craft
The world famous, our  beloved British Shakespeare once said : ‘’ if music be the food of love; play on. Music touches our souls in strange ways…’

That is how I personally feel when I start making something,  therefore I will say:
If crafting be the food of the hands; craft on. Crafting touches our souls in strange ways…’’
Crafting touches our souls in strange ways…

How lovely it is to sit in quiet or noise / order or chaos – and make something new out of something different. This weekend I was blessed to have chaos here in our little housie.

Two teenage grand children with a friend. How more chaotic can you get, especially if we are all thrown together in a confined space due to weather.

I fell asleep for an hour on Saturday afternoon with the noise of Xbox in my ears and talking of teens all talking at the same time…when I realised I was awake again, I stumbled downstairs for a cuppa and was greeted with my granddaughter ‘making’ music on the computer. If ever you thought  the crazy Frog was annoying….think again…..

Feeling so much stronger (and awake) I ventured upstairs again to finish off the little heart I was busy with as well as the two little birdies.


Vibrant and red..



















Alive and Chirpy...



MADE WITH LOVE



















That heart and birds touched my soul in many ways – for years to come I will remember sewing them in amongst this chaos of  noise /chatter/ laughter. I will remember how my soul was touched with the brilliant colours of the materials – it will make me think back on the youths around me – vibrant/brave/and alive – just like the colour of the material I was working with – it touched my soul.

Happy Crafting and 
''If crafting be the food of the hands; craft on.''

Luvvies x

0 comments:

Post a Comment