Monday 5 November 2012

A Smile…


A Smile…

SMILE...
I was asked by some lovely lady. (Bless her soul)  Why do you write a blog ? Who do you write a blog for?

I could not give a specific answer, but that is just that I used to keep a diary for years and years and sometimes your thoughts that are not shared get lost and they stay isolated and lonely inside a book – all locked away.

With the blog I can write what I feel and because I am alone for days on end some times, it is better to write and talk to the blog than to the wall (like Shirley Valentine) one of my favourite movies of all times as I can relate to her (talking to the wall)
My blog is written with love in my heart -
each one of us deserves a place in the sun


At least here on the blog, the blog sometimes talks back to me via email and I feel there is life out there!! (Hello ET) These bouncing backs make me smile…which brings me to another subject.

I read a very sad beginning of a story I started reading:

’’ Before I used to climb into bed with a smile. One day, when I woke, my smile was missing. I searched and searched, but my smile was no more…and with that my heart became sore’’

I hope to be able to read the rest without tears in my heart.

Little bits of scraps become something  unique...


All shapes and sizes become one unit...
Quilting is a work of LOVE...

If we share empathy and love with others who has physical and heart aching situations – sometimes just plain common human needs – and we  stretch a helping hand it brings a smile to your inner soul and those around you.

We need to smile to bring comfort and pleasure to those around us. Smiles are contagious they can make your outlook change. This is the complete picture of the x-stitch - done my my arty sister CLARISSA RUDD from Jeffreys bay.

I LOVE QUILTS - THIS SAYS IT ALL!


Givers and takers...
"I believe the world is divided in three groups: givers, takers and the few that can balance both impulses. Giving and loving is a beautiful thing. It is the currency of compassion and kindness, it is what separates good people from the rest. And without it, the world would be a bleak place. If you are a giver, it is wise to define your boundaries because takers will take what you allow them to; all givers must learn to protect that about themselves or eventually, there is nothing left to give."
- Tiffany Madison

Thanks to lovely Reinet Hill who shared these words with me, so now I can share it with you too!

Luvvies.
xxxxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment