Wednesday 3 April 2013

NEC Birmingham  21.03.2013 - Wow!

What can one say about seeing creations and more creations created by people who are artists of the humble needle!

A bit blurry...but 'readable'

I was fortunate enough to visit the Sewing and Embroidery Exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham in March 2013. The only complaint….there was not enough time to drink and enjoy each and every exhibitor there! Walking from stall to stall one could only smile and enjoy all the vibrant colours / people /creations.

Here is my grand daughter admiring one of my favourite quilt of the show.....made by a Heather Hasthorpe..

My favourite quilt of the show....

The show was visited by myself, my daughter, little toddler and 2 teenagers. They soon disappeared from sight and were more interested in the hobby-craft side of the exhibition and thanks to technology we could reach them by mobile at any time.

Wow Wow Wow -Such lovely quilts....


Little toddler was extremely good and fell asleep as soon as we entered the halls…good little boy slept for 2 hours solid which was a bonus as we could walk around with no problem.

Our visits to the various stalls were not just ordinary visits….we indulged in a bit of retail therapy on numerous occasions…the stall holders were all so friendly and helpful which was a super bonus…lots of photos were taken / business cards taken to look up on the Internet afterwards and spend some more time admiring some people’s lovely work!
Too many buttons and ribbons to choose from......


It was a long day as we went there by train / walked around the whole day / took the train back home-----in the rush hour at 17H00---and for those who do not know the trains in the UK---that is the worse time! My poor daughter and children had to stand a whole hour –the whole journey as there were no seats available, but we made it and just collapsed at the end of the day- tired, but happy for being enriched by this lovely exhibition.

A bonus was a little fox that ran next to the train as we approached our destination station and my mind slipped back many moons to a little song I used to sing to my kids – ‘a fox went out on a chilly night, prayed for the moon to give him light…as he had many a mile to go’

So dear crafters and grafters and exhibitors – all well done and hopefully we will be able to go to the next exhibition again next year.

Luvvies

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for asking, it's a stunning pic with a beautiful girl beside it! Email me the pic and I'll put it up on my blog too.
    I'm just not keen on stuff being pinned its a cheek isn't it to offer someone's copyright to Pinterest?
    Heather@hasthorpe.plus.com
    Http://www.withoutpins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete