Sunday 7 April 2013

A lovely Sunny Saturday afternoon…06.04.13

At long last the sun came out (after all the cold and snow) and I joined a fair at the  Kingsthorpe Children's and Community Centre  OUTSIDE in full sunshine. Must admit the thick jersey I had on kept me nice and cosy. Some brave dads walked around only in  T-shirts, but I recon they must have felt too warm running after their precious little toddlers who embraced the lovely weather!

Once again I met a few old faces (not in years) but people I met at previous fairs and a quick hello was in order. New faces were met and names put to them. All in all a lovely experience going to fairs, having stalls and meet new faces / people / ideas.

Here is my grandson, helping out a bit whilst I did the ‘little girl’s room run’ .All afternoon the sun baked down and we drank every minute of it in and ate lovely decorated cup cakes.
My little stall helper....out in the SUN!

It is with longing that I look at photos taken in the garden last year 06.04.12. Everything was in full bloom and the trees were in full bud. Alas, this year, on 06.04.13, there is nothing to get excited about, just a grey looking sky, that is why yesterday was so promising with the sun visiting all afternoon!


Lovely little faces in the  garden last year - taken 06.04.2012
(this year.....but a few sad ones.....)
Taken 04.04.12 - This year...not a bud in sight
But I will brighten my life and surroundings with colours galore! 

Here are some more off cuts I was given to carry on with my hexagon-mania (make something out of nothing)...so if anyone has any scraps lying around...send them my way (pretty please)♥

More colourful scraps of material


No matter what the weather -
keep on crafting and creating!

Luvvies
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment