Tuesday 16 October 2012

Time goes by…


Time goes by….
Sometimes we get depressed when we look back at things that happened and affected us in the past, but greater the fear of the unknown things that await us ahead.

I visited a  friend (Cheryl) some time ago and she talked and inspired me with a video of  ‘ what you wish for you will get’. It was so positive and I felt like walking on air when I left her house. I was inspired with new goals in life and a new outlook on things / happenings.

Then, time goes by…and my beloved sister, Clarissa Rudd of Jeffreysbay will be 60 tomorrow!. It will hopefully be a time for her and us to help her celebrate this occasion. It is a milepost. A new beginning in her life. A time to reflect and look back, but most important looks forward with zest and new goals in mind! She has inspired so many of us with her fantastic crafts and handiwork. Too many to mention. She has lived her life to the fullest and will thus carry on – on a positive note. Well done, my sis and all the best for the years ahead - happy crafting!

 Which brings me to this saying out of one of my favourite little books (1001 Things to make you smile – by Marion Kaplinsky)

                                                         KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
In youth, the absence of pleasure is a pain; but in old age, the absence of pain is a pleasure’

I will try my best to be POSITIVE and start enjoying the cold weather (mentally prepare myself) as winter has opened its door here in Northampton.

Time goes by….and at long last I have finished a bag which was started weeks ago (interrupted by a holiday at the seaside / a trip up to Yorkshire / looking after a little toddler / getting the garden ready for winter etc etc etc…..
I almost forgot how to sew......

Red button and red beads to compliment the cherry blossoms

Sewing the time away.....


Funky and colourful

Back of bag ! Soft Cherry blossom twigs...


AT  LAST!

Finished lined bag ready to go!

Happy crafting in the cold and warm weather –
 no matter what the weather 
as long as you 
and your sewing machine are together! 
(or knitting/crotchet needles)

Luvvies 

0 comments:

Post a Comment