Thursday 25 October 2012

Rush Rush rush.....

Rush Rush rush.....
Oh how I rushed around these last two weeks! If it was not for my weight, my feet would not have touched the ground! BUT in between I managed to sew a stitch or two and crotchet a a bit.

Cool as a cucumber...


Detailed buttons / ribbons /beads - done with love


Hubbie does my 'knotting' for me

Like everyone else today on this planet, we all rush here and there and all over the show. Sometimes it is out of our control. Sometimes it just, well...happen!
Stitched with love

 When hubbie is on leave from Qatar where he works, there is so much to do and see and talk about when he is at home -- that the Internet and crafts are the last thing on my mind!  The outside taps had to be taped up for the coming winter, this and that had to be done - all in preparation for the cold months ahead. Brrrr... I hate to think of it, but at the same time give praise that we are in a situation with a roof over our head and a warm and cosy little housie.

Apart from all this prep work for winter, we managed to get to Leamington Spa to visit some friends ( I got the times mixed up and could not visit the Quilt exhibition they have on) hubbie managed to go the hobby model engineering exhibition and we spent some lovely time with friends, then it was off to Winchester to visit aunt who turned 90! Bless her soul. The cherry on the cake was an evening at the theatre to see Julian Lloyd Webber on the cello as well as the Symphony orchesta playing music from different composers. Running after the little toddler grand child added more fun and laughter into the equation while looking after him at home. But what fun!

I used this wool - did not find it easy to knit with at all, but the end result was lovely and the colour blended in with what I saw, looking  out the window - Autumn leaves slowly making their way down to settle on the decking and grass - waiting for me to sweep / rake them up. A joy, never the less...
Lovely autumn colours

Little scalloped edge with flower


Difficult to knit - lovely soft glittery end result
Well, folks that is all at the moment and I am now rushing off to Birmingham tonight to come back tomorrow to go straight to work.... What  a rush!
Take time to smell the flowers!


Remember to take time out and relax,
 no matter how much rushing is going on. 
Happy crafting and hopefully will be back to normal after the weekend....before the rush starts again!!!

Luvvies to all.
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment