Sunday 14 October 2012

Old but still in use…


Old but still in use…

Hello to all – yes I am still alive! Came back from holiday and had so many things to attend to, so did not get near my blog…I had a wedding to attend in Doncaster,  children to mind, houses to clean,  dinner with a previous  colleague, clearing the garden, BUT  I had time to page through my photo albums…and enjoy the flowers that have been...now the frost is moving in fast! So I can only remember the bright flowers via old photographs I have taken.


Many times in our lives we always look for something new and forget the good old faithful things we have. We tend to want to follow fashion in clothes and hair and often follow the ‘’trends’’.

I cringe now when I look back at my 80’s hairdo! I was one of the ‘smart cookies’ then – hair always done in the latest fashion which now, if I look back, made me look like an upside down mop with huge round glasses…..the best fashion was the natural one with the 70’s hippie years…hair flowing natural in the wind…still in use today!

My sister Clarissa Rudd from Jeffreysbay, made my grand children each a rug sack  when  they were born and those bags are still in use now,  after 13 /15 years. These ruck sacks were brought across the ocean wide and have been through many a wash cycle, but are still as lovely as they day they were made.



Blue for a boy..now trendy for a teenager


I've been through the wash for 14 years and still going on....

Bears, Bugs and Bees and Blue for Boys


It has become part of them. Sometimes they change bags ( see Blog ‘’Inspirations’’ – 16th July) and try something new, but they always return to the good old faithful ‘’known’’ bag.
Little hearts and teddy bears for a sweet girl


Rosy Pink in florals

Exchanging hearts and little teddy bear buttons


It does not matter whether you always have something ‘new’ to show off. I admit it is sometimes so lovely to indulge….but we should always be happy and content with that which we have and give thought to those who have nothing or those whose belongings have been taken from them.

Take each day one at a time and enjoy it to the fullest and your enthusiasm and happiness will be noticed and taken up by those around you and the world will seem such a more happy and contended place to be in.



Happy Crafting and remember not to forget 
the old and faithful things we have.

Luvvies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment