Tuesday 11 September 2012

Waves are rolling in…


Waves are rolling in…
How lovely it is to sit and watch the waves coming and going…it restores the soul and give inner peace to the mind. My tic tok brain gets a total make-over if I can sit and watch this for hours. Just sit.

watch the waves coming and going...

This is a photo of a beach somewhere in Majorca. I was alone, as it was still very early (hubby went for a day’s sailing) and I just wanted to sit on the beach.. And watched. And calmness just washed over me the same as the small waves went splish splash every now and then.

It reminded me of  some poem by William Shakespeare:-

‘’Like as the waves make towards the pebbl’d shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end;
Each changing place with that which goes before,
In sequent toil all forwards do contend.

It is this peace and calmness that enters my soul and spirit when I start creating and making things. 

’Like as the waves make towards the pebbl’d shore, 

Here is a little flower I made. Blue like the waves of the blue ocean.

Blue like the waves of the blue ocean.


Our lives are like that as well, things come and go and come and go all the time and it is up to us to sit back once in a  while and have a look at it and make time to chill out and be calm. Take in those moments to watch the waves roll in and out – no matter what size they are -and let some just roll over you without  making you wet! Some waves come in and try and drown us, but that is when we need to swim! And if we cannot swim, reach for that life belt or shout for help!


Happy crafting and try to embrace each wave that comes your way!
Luvvies

0 comments:

Post a Comment