Sunday 9 September 2012

Memories (70’s & 80’s)
Apart from making and crafting all the time, one of my passions is vintage fashion. I particularly love the 70’s and 80’s,  because I was once part of it. It is something that I belonged to, and it makes me feel good - then and now.

These memories of lovely fabrics we used to wear, stay imprinted in my mind and therefore play a big role in my love for them and my crafting ideas. Whenever I can get hold of some old dresses,  I restore and mend them with passion. Sometimes they are a bit altered with a new lease on life! I find this very adventurous!

Here are but a few samples of my collection - for those old enough to remember the patterns / materials and inspiring enough for the younger generation

happy memories of lovely fabrics we used to wear


Ideas and patterns with vibrant colours


Our lives are also entwined with memories other than dresses and clothes. Some memories are very  sad  and disheartening. If we keep on digging up those sad and painful memories instead of letting it go, it will influence and poison our ‘’mind and thinking’’  in such a manner that only bitterness will enter our  soul and slowly destroying soul and body.

many a student wore maxi dresses
with florals and bright buttons
to portray a carefree life


It is therefore so important to let go and forgive 
and let unconditional love enter your heart and soul 
to restore  your memories with positive  healing.

Lovely bright happy colours
to give positive energy in the mid 80's
(and I will not forget my hairdo' that went with it)


Happy crafting with memories of positive healing influences!

Luvvies

0 comments:

Post a Comment