Sunday 9 December 2012

On this day….
Many many moons ago I first made contact with the outside world in the form of a very small screaming little human being….Yes, it is my birthday today and I do not feel any older or wiser. Alas, I have no parents left to see where I am in life, so my husband and I are now the parent generation for the ones behind me. Soon we will fade away as well to make way for a new leader of the family unit...and life will carry on...

Much water has since passed under the bridge since the day I was born and here I am now. Sitting in a comfortable chair of life, thanks to those around me and close to me.

 It often makes me think…what is life all about? Sometimes I just wonder and ‘close my eyes’ and just hear the world goes by around me. I hear about some good / some bad /some uglies going on in the world and the question always come back to me – what is life all about? This question often surfaces when I sit and knit / crotchet or do some handwork and my thoughts start drifting off when the silence- apart from the music and the talking on the radio – the question takes hold of my tic toc brain.

I do not know if I will ever get the answer anywhere- no book or word has yet been able to supply me with acceptable answers, so I will just carry on as is and enjoy the moment and keep crafts alive which feeds the inner soul satisfaction of creating and be busy like a bee. No time for idle hands in our family circle!

Here is a beanie I specially knitted for my grand daughter – snow white and snugly.
 Snow white snuggly cuddly beanie


Another peach coloured one 


Little coloured ruffles and cables for decoration...


Another blue and ruffled one -
 all made from bits and bobs of left-over wool


With all this knitting at least my hands stay occupied and my tic toc brain busy with colours and patterns to bright up the grey skies outside.

My mind wonder to the lovely little saying nr 957 by Marion Kaplinsky:

‘’People would enjoy life more if, once they got what they wanted, they could remember how much they wanted it.’’

Happy Crafting 
take time to sit back now the craft markets are slowing down 
and it is time to craft for oneself.

Luvvies

0 comments:

Post a Comment