Saturday 4 January 2014

New Year, New Beginnings♥

New Year, New Beginnings

A very happy full of love and laughter 2014 is wished upon each and everyone on this place called earth. May just peace and happiness fill our hearts with cups of laughter, health and endurance!

Many days have passed since I last put my fingers on the keyboard to type a few words, but so much has happened in my small little world that prevented me from doing so....the PC played up, then I got sick etc etc and when I woke one morning I found it was the end of the year!

Most of us have new ideas and New Years resolutions - the old is behind us with all the burdens and sorrows, but also with memories of lots of love and laughter - some with some intense sorrow and sadness - I am convinced each person promises themselves that the New Year will bring something special...may hopes and dreams come true. It is in hope that we flourish.

From the beginning of this month I will have a small Pod/space for selling my goodies at the lovely Vintage Retreat in Northampton. This is an exciting time for me as I have only been doing school / church stalls etc. With hope and dreams in my heart, no depressing economy will dampen my spirits! (not even all this rain!!!)

For me, life is to take time out to create to be busy and live each day positive. 

My late mum (Jo Zeelie) started a quilt which she never finished before she suddenly passed away.  2013,  15 years after her death, with the help of some lovely people at The Bramble Patch  in Weedon UK, it was finished. While I was hand-stitching the edges, my mind was talking to my mum.....what did she feel /wonder / hope while she was busy making it...I will never know... at least it has been completed now.

How lovely it was for The Bramble Patch to put it up on their Christmas(2013) quilting exhibition to be enjoyed by one and all - a thing of beauty is a joy forever! My mum would have been so proud of her handwork♥

Herewith are some photos of the little houses that are on the Quilt. Each one done with so much detail and attention, but then...that was my mum.











The finished quilt
May this year bring you only joy and happiness, and if there is sadness, may your tears soon be washed away.

Happy Creative 2014♥

Luvvies x

0 comments:

Post a Comment