Sunday 24 March 2013
Busy busy busy...

as the end of March approaching

We all had a busy week and we ended up with so much snow on Saturday (23rd March 2013) that our road at home was 'snowed' in. I do not drive in such conditions and had to change my whole plan for the Saturday craft we went to.

As hubby is away, far away where it is warm....my only other alternative was to get there by hook and crook and I ordered a taxi. (Good old taxi drivers who can drive in all kinds of roads...Bless their little socks.

We had to unpack all our 'wares for sale from the plastic containers (they are SO handy) ditched the props and the clothes rail...and repack our goods in 3 cases. Soon we (now that is myself and my grand daughter) ready to go and join the show, because no snow can stop a show in good old Northampton! Like the organisers said :Cakes were baked, pizzas were prepped and had to be eaten....

We waited for the taxi like 2 passengers ready to fly to The North Pole with 3 pull on -cases on hand. It was first snowing still, secondly the wind chill factor was minus something my ears did not want to hear...I was beanied and scarfed and booted and jacketed like I was off on a expedition to the the North Pole - but forward we did go! Ever tried to pull a case-trolley in the snow? It works like a snow-plough.....not a good idea...

I know now what Del Boy (from Fools and Horses) felt like when he was selling out of suitcases...but anyhow it was great fun and the music and people and the whole atmosphere was lovely. Met some lovely people. I did not come back a 'millionaire' but made enough to cover the pitch/time/tea/taxi there with a few bob to go back into the business. All in all a lovely day out. 

No time is ever wasted if you meet someone who brightens your day with some kind words and a smile♥

Here is my grand daughter in her 80's jacket and hairdo enjoying the music in between  talking to customers

Vintage dresses and handmade goodies
So all you Crafters out there-no matter what the weather -we all stand together!
Luvvies
x


0 comments:

Post a Comment